with Nourish and Balance
Our world has changed forever. Whatever the new normal brings, never has there been a more important time to take our health and wellness seriously. So how do we optimise our health and immune systems?
1. Eat a mediterranean diet: This includes protein, plenty of fresh vegetables and fruit to ensure that you get plenty of vitamins and minerals as well as lots of Omega 3 (wild caught fish or algae) and not too much Omega6. Supplement with Vitamin D and a test based balance oil to get your ratio into balance https://www.tryzinzino.com/2005873642/EN/English/#watchme
2. Reduce stress levels: Stress affects your immune system. Find ways to relax and get enough sleep. Meditation, yoga, reading a book and simply being in nature are great strategies for this - they will re-centre and relax you.
3. Exercise for at least 30 minutes 5 times a week to reduce stress and inflammation in the body. Find exercise you enjoy and build it into your routine.
4. Focus on gut health: Eat prebiotics found in foods such as garlic, onions, green bananas, Jerusalem artichoke, lentils, chick peas, mushrooms, oats – to provide a mixture of the different types of fibre your gut needs to be healthy and happy or supplement with a quality prebiotic fibre blend https://www.zinzino.com/2005873642/GB/en-GB/products/Health/301390
5. Include fermented foods: Kefir, sauerkraut, kimchi, sourdough bread, kombucha (a drink), tempeh and natto (fermented soy).
6. Stay hydrated. Alcohol and caffeine don’t count I am afraid! Drink plenty of filtered water - ideally 1.5-2 litres per day.